Montag, 21. April 2014

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

Hi, did you all enjoy your Easter celebrations?
We surely did. Grandma`s birthday was just at the same date so we had LOTS to celebrate :-)
Today I wanna post two cards I made a few weeks ago when I saw THIS video from Jennifer Mc. Guire. Everything she does just makes me stare at it and think `wow´ or `cool´ or `fantastic´ or something like this
:-)  plus she seems to be a very nice person too.
Well, after watching that video I wanted to try the technique she showed.....


You might see that I wasn`t THAT successful - BIG BIG SIGH - and it nearly ended in a disaster. When I tried to pull off my stencil it just stuck to the cardstock. Really, really tight! I almost ripped my stencil apart! Took me ages to get it off safely again and that`s why the background looks like it looks - because of all the tearing I did.
Still .... it was so much work (especially the withdrawing of the stencil) that I just COULDN`T throw away the panel with all the glitter.
Oh, by the way, I first put on the stencil, then glittered the panel and after removing the stencil I poured on some silver embossng powder and heat embossed everything. So not twice glittering like Jennifer did.....
Cut out a big heart, adhered it to some white cardstock and all of it was finally adhered to my black cardstock. Then die cut my `hugs´ word twice, glued them together for some  hight and adhered it with foam adhesive.

Of course .... now I had another die cut I could use for a second card :-)
And so I did. :


Well .... I think I´ll go back to my craft room and practice some more :-)))))
See you soon.

supplies: 
first card
cardstock: Stamper`s Select White (PI), true black (PI)
die: big hugs craft die (SSS), limitless layers 2 1/4 hearts dies (PI)
stencil: memory box texture flourish
others: silver filligree embossing powder, Ritz glitter bronze

second card
cardstock: hawaiian shores (PI)
stamp: bold statements (MFT)
others: kraft doily, mr. huey`s calico white, small heart cut out of felt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen