Samstag, 13. Juli 2013

CFC 109 Polka Dots

Hello and happy Saturday everyone.
The next CFC challenge ( click ) is here which gives me the perfect reason to get crafty again :-)
This week we should make a card with some kind of polka dots and guess what - I am SO IN LOVE with my new Tim Holtz embossing Folder that creates awesome Polka dots (well - bubbles - to be perfectly honest, but they really could be polka dots as well :-))

So ... first I embossed my cardstock, then went over the dots with my acrylic paint dabber in pearl. This looks sooooo pretty, I swear! :-))))
The stamp is from PI, embroidered Blooms and I am so glad I finally used it today as it was waiting for months now for me to notice that it`s there!
Here`s the finished card:

The embroidered blooms stamp has two parts: one covers the inner part of the image - I stamped it with Memento black ink.
And the other part covers the edges. I decided to use Versamark ink for the edges and embossed them with silver embossing powder.
This added a really nice shine which I hope you can see here in detail:

Oh and the Background was REALLY fun to do.
I inked up my acrylic block with simply chartreuse and hawaiian shores ink (PI), then spritzed it with water and pressed everything down onto some watercolor paper. I´ll definitely have to do that again!!!
The sentiment and banner is from SSS (banner sayings) and as a finishing touch I wrapped some twine around my card before adhering the panel with foam dots.

This card was so much fun to make!!! Hope you like it too! :-)

3 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the texture :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What an amazing card you created! The paint on the embossed dots is wonderful! And loving those embroidered bloom stamps. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is just beautiful! You do such great work! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge blog!

    AntwortenLöschen