Freitag, 17. Mai 2013

MIM #116: Adding texture to stamps

Okay, this is my try on the new PI challenge :-)
I really love the watercolor technique that was shown a while ago so I tried this out and combined it with this week`s challenge.


Nicole did those flowers from the stamp set `garden of life´ on another card and watercolored their  background first before stamping the swirl part.
I did just the same but as I don`t have any reinkers, I simply put some ink on my craft sheet by rubbing my hibiscus burst inkpad over it. Spritzed some water next to the ink and used a watercolor brush to make the flowers background.
The swirly part was stamped with scarlet jewel ink.
The bottom part was created with the `in the meadow die´ out of sweet blush cardstock and stamped with background basics: houndstooth stamp with ripe avocado ink.
NOW: the `giving texture to the stamp part´ can be found on the small leaves. They are from the same set as the flowers and don`t have any texture on them. I thought it` d be fun if they had the same swirly thing going on as the flowers so I made a little swirl with my stylos pen. You could use a stylos pen to draw ANYTHING on your stamp you like, works really well! :-)
That`s it for today :-) Good night....

stamps: Garden of life (PI), background basics: houndstooth
ink: hibiscus burst, scarlet jewel, ripe avocado (all PI)
cardstock: kraft, rustic white and sweet blush (all PI)
other: saddle stitch ribbon in ripe avocado (PI)

3 Kommentare:

  1. OK, you just taught a new technique! Great going Brigit. Sweet card too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You`re always so sweet, leaving a comment on my blog... Thank you so much! :-) Really keeps me going on when such a talented person as you says something nice about my cards. Thank you, Nancy!

      Löschen
  2. Love this pretty card, Brigit. Your cute flower leaves have such a fun swirly texture! :)

    AntwortenLöschen